Thursday, July 23, 2009

Mind over Matter

So last night could have very well been one of the worst nights of my life. I was all dressed up and ready to go to a fabulous dinner at a great restaurant in Center City. I had just finished working out with my new trainer (another post for another day) and seriously I was feeling awesome.

Awesome until I got to the restaurant and the dude was no where to be found.

SERIOUSLY?

SERIOUSLY?

I can't even believe the amount of courage that it must take to blow someone off like that. Granted, anyone who knows me knows that I am the Queen of the Bail. One of my favorite expressions is "something suddenly came up"....but SERIOUSLY?

What a douchebag.

Granted...I was twenty minutes late, but give me a break people. I can't even believe this happened to me. But...I am writing this now, so I clearly didn't step in front of a SEPTA bus, or go home and slit my throat...something way more awesome happened to me last night. Something that actually made last night one of the best nights of all time.

As I was standing outside of the restaurant, totally flabbergasted; a cab driver pulled up. As some of you may know, I recently dyed my hair blonde. I'm talking BLONDE. I've always gotten a lot of attention from random dudes on the street, but this blonde hair is like a freaking magnet. I have gotten more free cab rides in the last week than I have gotten in my entire life. I've probably gotten more free cab rides in the last week than my entire group of friends has gotten in their entire life...combined!

So as I am standing on the sidewalk looking pretty pissed, a cab driver stops and picks me up. I know as soon as we start driving that I am definitely not paying for this cab ride. I decide to tell the dude my sob story...and he ate it up with a spoon.

"You are too beautiful for this to happen to you. I can tell right now that you are a great person, and I am so sorry that you had to face such a terrible thing."
(Whatever dude, just drive me home).

As I am lamenting about how much dudes sucks and how I'm hungry, the cab driver pulls up to Pat's, and asks me what I like on my cheesesteak. 2 minutes later I am eating a steak (whiz/wit) and suddenly not feeling so sorry for myself. Another 2 minutes later and I am walking down the aisles of the liquor store with my new best friend the cab driver, picking out a reasonably priced bottle of wine.

When he dropped me off (two blocks away from my actual house...let's face it folks, I'm sure this dude is going to try to stalk my ass since he bought me a cheesesteak and a bottle of wine) he just said, "You are beautiful and I hope you have a good night."

So...the moral of the story is...

There is no moral, but who cares. I still got a free dinner and a bottle of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment